Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Repeating a Placement

I unfortunately, failed my last placement and so will be doing it again in July. This was hard to take for a while and I was angry at myself and others and was set to give up the teaching path altogether. Talking with people whose opinions I really value helped alot as did my own belief that I am a wonderful teacher and must finish this training no matter what!

I will be really prepared for the repeat and will go into it with a new confidence and enthusiasm....

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck - any chance you can go visit/spend time in a classroom with a sympathetic teacher to get some practise before the "official" placement?

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! thanks for the comment. Really like the stuff that you are doing.

    While I could be looking for opps in supportive classrooms, am taking time to process all that I have learnt in training in the last year. Have done the grad programme which is full-on and mighty stressful! Am taking advantage of courses at college that I can do to increase my knowledge and am researching different behaviour management strats...we didnt get taught alot about that especially with the senior kids and all the additional emotional stuff they bring with them.....
    Am looking at this as a blessing rather than a curse and am grateful that I will get some more practice before going out into the real world of teaching.....yayyyyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete