Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Final Week Draws to a Close

Very Sad Actually! Have just had a busy week presenting our Inquiry Projects which were really incredible and very inspiring. I learnt heaps and have been able to compile a folder of resources which will be really useful for my teaching.

I mentioned in a previous post that my goal was to have the CV together by the end of this week. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!! Just didn't happen what with tossing and turning about my presentation and my final teaching practice - heaps has to be done this weekend to prepare for that - and putting in quite a few extra hours at work. Such is the life of a student, eh.

I want to take this chance to say that my peers at College have been such a wonderful inspiration to me this week. What amazing presentations and what fantastic information I have now! I feel really lucky.

A new student approached me today about how the programme is........I took her over to talk with Char, Bridgie, Esther, Lance, Emz and me, of course. It reminded us all of how bewildering our first week was at College but also that it was a mere 12 months ago and what a difference a year makes!!!!!! We talked about how the jargon was so strange, how tired we all were and how we got well and truly thrown in the deep end from the beginning.

I think we have been so busy for the last 5 weeks that (thankfully) we didn't have time to think about the fact that some of our mates will be moving on to other parts of NZ and the world. These are the same people that we did placements with, group work with, projects and the odd night out on the grog with. This is very sad and it will hit us tomorrow because it is the last day we have class together! We became a really close unit and relied on each other alot when things were really stressful.

But! How proud are we of ourselves? I know that I had many moments where I was sure that I could not (bloody well, did not) want to finish my training. Crying, heart paplatations, fights with my precious daughter, late nights, frustration - you name the emotion, I felt it! But we had each other and we shared and laughed and hey! here we are at the end! Bittersweet.

I will remember the laughs, the insane discussions in the computer labs, the panicked texts, the love and support............

I love you all and will remember this last year always.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment