Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Last Week of Teacher Training College

I guess I am a little sad that I am at the end of this part of my journey. When I came into College today, all the new students undertaking the Grad Diploma were here for their first day and that was ME, exactly one year ago....I have come so far! When I think that for the first week I really did not know what on earth was happening, to be confident teaching a class of kids is quite stunning. I am very proud of myself because there were times when I didn't think I would make it through. Mind you, it was a common feeling especially over winter when we were very busy with assignments and most of us were sick with colds....but hey!!!! WE DID IT!!!

This week is a very busy one for me. I am part of a panel that will be discussing with the newbies, the realities of the course, I am presenting my inquiry on the Creative Classroom on Thursday, need to be finding resources and getting my integrated unit together for placement which starts on March 2 AND I will be working both my part-time jobs and of course, being mother to my daughter - PHEW! I am exhausted just reading that.

I know that this is a really pivotal time for graduating teachers - moving on from the reasonable security of the training to getting into the real world to find a job!!!! I am really excited about that now and not nervous at all. I know what I have to offer and I am keen to show it off!!!

BRING ON THE NEXT PHASE!!!!!!!

Have a happy week, all.

2 comments: